Thursday 11 July 2013

Absence, musings and the drive to do it right...

So you may have noticed my absence from this blog for a few weeks. Strange thing to do on a new blog right? Yeah. Not exactly the way to build up a readership. Nonetheless it happened and I have a very good reason - at least, I think I do...

These last few weeks I've been acclimatising to a new job - not an easy task! - and then I went for a trip to the Eden Project, both of which will be the subjects of upcoming blogs. The real reason I've been quiet, however, is that I want to do this blog right.

When I started this project I had in mind an idea of what I wanted this to be. I didn't want a place just to rant and vent. I didn't want a place to express a "side" of myself that I didn't feel comfortable expressing in public, and I didn't want this just to fade into obscurity and placed on the digital shelves of my life.

What I did want was a place where I could augment my career, stimulate intellectual discussions and pretty much just add an extra dimension to my academic life.

So, in sum, I wanted to do it right.

The drive to do it right is very important. Too many people, in my opinion, don't want to something right because it's too much like hard work. Well, I say, bring on the work!

So, first - I apologise for being absent. Second - I hope you understand that to do it right, takes time. Third - would you feel better if I told you what was coming up? Good, because here it comes.

In no particular order, coming up are blogs on;

The Eden Project
My new job
Induction in Behaviourism
Review; The Logical Leap

And a surprise article which I won't reveal now!

So stayed tuned (figuratively) because I've got plenty lined up for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+